From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:07:31 +0100, John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:

>Can't find a group for this question. Is it OK to connect a microphone
>to one of the auxiliaries on a Denon RCD-M37. It's not mentioned in the
>instructions.

It'll be OK, but unless your mic comes with an amp box, it's oretty
unlikely to get you what you want - aux ports are line-in, not mic in.

Cute little amp though. If it had two switchable sets of speaker-out,
it'd be ideal for me.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Machines take me by surprise with great frequency." - Alan Turing
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-01 19:09:15 +0100, Tim Hodgson said:

> John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:
>
>> Can't find a group for this question. Is it OK to connect a microphone
>> to one of the auxiliaries on a Denon RCD-M37. It's not mentioned in the
>> instructions.
>
> uk.rec.audio?

It is pretty remiss of the instructions not to mention uk.rec.audio!
--
Chris

From: John on
On 2010-07-01 18:16:21 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:

> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:07:31 +0100, John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:
>
>> Can't find a group for this question. Is it OK to connect a microphone
>> to one of the auxiliaries on a Denon RCD-M37. It's not mentioned in the
>> instructions.
>
> It'll be OK, but unless your mic comes with an amp box, it's oretty
> unlikely to get you what you want - aux ports are line-in, not mic in.
>
> Cute little amp though. If it had two switchable sets of speaker-out,
> it'd be ideal for me.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Can you recommend a reasonable priced mike/amp. Most probably going to
use it once for a Michael Jackson karaoke night at my house. I have
KJams Pro and the MJ tracks transferred to AppleTV.

John

From: John on
On 2010-07-01 19:29:47 +0100, John said:

> On 2010-07-01 18:16:21 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh said:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 18:07:31 +0100, John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can't find a group for this question. Is it OK to connect a microphone
>>> to one of the auxiliaries on a Denon RCD-M37. It's not mentioned in the
>>> instructions.
>>
>> It'll be OK, but unless your mic comes with an amp box, it's oretty
>> unlikely to get you what you want - aux ports are line-in, not mic in.
>>
>> Cute little amp though. If it had two switchable sets of speaker-out,
>> it'd be ideal for me.
>>
>> Cheers - Jaimie
>
> Can you recommend a reasonable priced mike/amp. Most probably going to
> use it once for a Michael Jackson karaoke night at my house. I have
> KJams Pro and the MJ tracks transferred to AppleTV.
>
> John

Maplins have a Microphone Preamplifier @ �24.99 and a AKG D-44S Vocal
microphone @ �34.99. Would these be OK?

Regards
John

From: Duncan Kennedy on
John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-01 19:29:47 +0100, John said:

> >> It'll be OK, but unless your mic comes with an amp box, it's oretty
> >> unlikely to get you what you want - aux ports are line-in, not mic in.
> >>
> >> Cute little amp though. If it had two switchable sets of speaker-out,
> >> it'd be ideal for me.
> >>
> >> Cheers - Jaimie
> >
> > Can you recommend a reasonable priced mike/amp. Most probably going to
> > use it once for a Michael Jackson karaoke night at my house. I have
> > KJams Pro and the MJ tracks transferred to AppleTV.
> >
> > John
>
> Maplins have a Microphone Preamplifier @ �24.99 and a AKG D-44S Vocal
> microphone @ �34.99. Would these be OK?

I've been using a Maplin mic preamp for a couple of years without a
problem - but in my case it feeds an older Tandy 2.5 watt amplifier
through a Maplin little 8 track controller - the mic has always been a
very cheap one.

This set up is for me to control TV sound when the wife has it switched
right down or off (I'm quite deaf and use a lightweight phione in one
ear) but the mic is placed at said wife's chair and can be switched off
with an accidental twich of my hand - works just great.

Like I said - works well but not quite what you had in mind a a use.

--
duncank
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2