From: Martin S Taylor on
The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the phase
of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the moment it's
registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent nonsense.

Martin S Taylor

From: Woody on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
> The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the
> phase
> of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the
> moment it's
> registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent nonsense.

I doubt it is just you, the moon looks pretty similar wherever you are!

--
Woody
From: Peter Hayes on
On 10/07/2010 23:04, Martin S Taylor wrote:
> The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the phase
> of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the moment it's
> registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent nonsense.
>
> Martin S Taylor

Phase is fairly independent of where you are, other than being the wrong
side of dateline. Rise and set times are very location dependent,
latitude, longitude, local time zone and horizon etc.

Try either my web page
http://www.aphayes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sun_moon.html
or the photographers ephemeris
http://stephentrainor.com/tools/

PeteH
From: Martin S Taylor on
Peter Hayes wrote
>> The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the phase
>> of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the moment
>> it's
>> registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent nonsense.
>>
>> Martin S Taylor
>>
> Phase is fairly independent of where you are, other than being the wrong
> side of dateline. Rise and set times are very location dependent,
> latitude, longitude, local time zone and horizon etc.

I know that. I just wondered if everyone else is getting the same wildly
incorrect data from weather.com on their widget.

MST

From: J. J. Lodder on
Peter Hayes <aphnospam(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10/07/2010 23:04, Martin S Taylor wrote:
> > The weather widget (which accesses weather.com) fairly often gets the
> > phase of the moon wrong. Is this just me, or is it for everyone? At the
> > moment it's registering clear sky and a full moon, which is patent
> > nonsense.
> >
> > Martin S Taylor
> >
> Phase is fairly independent of where you are, other than being the wrong
> side of dateline. Rise and set times are very location dependent,
> latitude, longitude, local time zone and horizon etc.

Completely independent even,

Jan