From: Graeme on
I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Duncan Kennedy on
Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?

What kind of label? (CD or address?)

I gave up on special applications a long time ago when I started needing
special sizes (business card CDs etc.) and went over to laying out a
template for each size up to 21-on in Freehand, Illustrator and now, for
the Mac, the excellent free VectorDesigner 2

Doesn't take too long to layout - start with a spare label sheet, draw
round the lables, scan, import and set up Guides. Pring a copy and hold
to light to check!

You can cut and paste addresses or graphics. Of course if you have long
runs of different addresses then you probably need something to extract
adresses from an address book or mailing list - over to somebody else.

--
duncank
From: Jim on
On 2010-08-12, Duncan Kennedy <nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk> wrote:
> Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?
>
> What kind of label? (CD or address?)
>
> I gave up on special applications a long time ago when I started needing
> special sizes (business card CDs etc.) and went over to laying out a
> template for each size up to 21-on in Freehand, Illustrator and now, for
> the Mac, the excellent free VectorDesigner 2

Is this the one?

<http://www.tweakersoft.com/vectordesigner/index.html>

It's free to trial but about $70 to buy.

Looks quite good I must admit.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Woody on
Duncan Kennedy <nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk> wrote:
> Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?
>
> What kind of label? (CD or address?)
>
> I gave up on special applications a long time ago when I started
> needing
> special sizes (business card CDs etc.) and went over to laying out a
> template for each size up to 21-on in Freehand, Illustrator and now,
> for
> the Mac, the excellent free VectorDesigner 2
>
> Doesn't take too long to layout - start with a spare label sheet, draw
> round the lables, scan, import and set up Guides. Pring a copy and
> hold
> to light to check!
>
> You can cut and paste addresses or graphics. Of course if you have
> long
> runs of different addresses then you probably need something to
> extract
> adresses from an address book or mailing list - over to somebody else.

Well, I use a custom application which shows a grid of order numbers,
fetches those orders from a mysql database and prints the name address,
order number, shipping cost and type to a 14 or 16 sheet of labels.

Obviously as that stands it is not much use to people who aren't running
my web shop, but if someone wants something similar maybe it could be
modified in a way that was a bit more generic?

--
Woody
From: Graeme on
In message <1jn3xke.14f2ftn1am44w0N%nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk>
nospam(a)nospamottersonbg.couk (Duncan Kennedy) wrote:

> Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?
>
> What kind of label? (CD or address?)

Address labels on A4

> I gave up on special applications a long time ago when I started needing
> special sizes (business card CDs etc.) and went over to laying out a
> template for each size up to 21-on in Freehand, Illustrator and now, for
> the Mac, the excellent free VectorDesigner 2

Must have a look at that.

> Doesn't take too long to layout - start with a spare label sheet, draw
> round the lables, scan, import and set up Guides. Pring a copy and hold
> to light to check!
>
> You can cut and paste addresses or graphics. Of course if you have long
> runs of different addresses then you probably need something to extract
> adresses from an address book or mailing list - over to somebody else.

For those, who like me arrived here from RISCOS, I'm looking for an
equivalent to !Labella.