From: Jim on
On 2010-08-12, Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> For those, who like me arrived here from RISCOS, I'm looking for an
> equivalent to !Labella.

I found Intaglio to be a pretty good !Draw/Artworks replacement. $89
but occasionally crops up in bundles.

Jim
--
Twitter:@GreyAreaUK

"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
Terry Pratchett
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 12 Aug, 09:48, Graeme <Gra...(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?

AddressBook will do simple labels, and has presets for several popular
labels (eg Avery 21-up). Did my Xmas card list but last time I tried,
the "print company name" option (whatever it's called, I forget
exactly) was broken - as I recall, it printed the company name on the
1st label only.
From: Graeme on
In message <slrni67l2m.308o.jim(a)wotan.magrathea.local>
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-12, Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > For those, who like me arrived here from RISCOS, I'm looking for an
> > equivalent to !Labella.
> >

> I found Intaglio to be a pretty good !Draw/Artworks replacement. $89
> but occasionally crops up in bundles.

At that price I'll write the labels by hand.

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Gwynne Harper on
Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:

> AddressBook will do simple labels, and has presets for several popular
> labels (eg Avery 21-up).

So does Word, if you've already got it (Tools > Labels).

Gwynne
--
My real email is net, not line.
From: Graeme on
In message <8d9a8d69-1a70-4fb0-94b6-001db69c709a(a)v8g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>
Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12 Aug, 09:48, Graeme <Gra...(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a label printing app, any reccomendations?
>
> AddressBook will do simple labels,

Doh! Never looked. I see the print dialogue will do standard envelopes which
will cover about 50% of my requirements.

> and has presets for several popular labels (eg Avery 21-up).

Ah, found it, all I have to do is decipher which Avery label is which! I've
got some Viking labels which are the same size as the Avery but don't,
obviously, have the Avery reference. Is it possible to designate which label
on the sheet printing starts at? I don't often need to print a complete
sheet at once.

> Did my Xmas card list but last time I tried, the "print company name"
> option (whatever it's called, I forget exactly) was broken - as I recall,
> it printed the company name on the 1st label only.

I can live with that.