From: Peter James on
My new Intel iMac with its 3.33GHz processor won't recognise my USB card
reader. I have two, both of which worked on my G5 imac, but for some
reason not on the new machine.
When plugging the card reader into the USB port, it's not shown in the
Finder. If I attempt to plug it into the external powered USB ports I
get an error message to the affect that there is not enough power to
work the card reader.
Any one with simmilar experience.

Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
From: John on
On 2010-08-13 14:39:17 +0100, Peter James said:

> My new Intel iMac with its 3.33GHz processor won't recognise my USB card
> reader. I have two, both of which worked on my G5 imac, but for some
> reason not on the new machine.
> When plugging the card reader into the USB port, it's not shown in the
> Finder. If I attempt to plug it into the external powered USB ports I
> get an error message to the affect that there is not enough power to
> work the card reader.
> Any one with simmilar experience.
>
> Peter

Why not use the built in card reader, located under the DVD slot.

John

From: Peter James on
John <coffee(a)the.cafe.com> wrote:

> On 2010-08-13 14:39:17 +0100, Peter James said:
>
> > My new Intel iMac with its 3.33GHz processor won't recognise my USB card
> > reader. I have two, both of which worked on my G5 imac, but for some
> > reason not on the new machine.
> > When plugging the card reader into the USB port, it's not shown in the
> > Finder. If I attempt to plug it into the external powered USB ports I
> > get an error message to the affect that there is not enough power to
> > work the card reader.
> > Any one with simmilar experience.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Why not use the built in card reader, located under the DVD slot.
>
> John
I never realised that there was a card reader in the iMac. Do you know,
I went into the Apple Shop in Truro, Cornwall and complained about the
card reader not working, and the dipsticks there never even thought to
mention the card reader in the machine.
Anyhow, many thanks.

Peter