From: Eddie on
thnews(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:

> I think I'm about to bid a tearful farewell to my Laserjet 5M. I'd like
> to donate it to someone in a usable state, and as the current cartridge
> has taken one too many refills, I need a new cartridge, which I'd like
> to spend as little as possible on!
>
> So any recommendations for a source of cheap 3rd-party toner cartridges?
> There seem to be hundreds of them out there, and no doubt most are less
> than reliable...

I usually source mine from e-bay, usually getting new branded ones at a fraction
of the cost.

Last Kyocera one I got was a black one for about �4 + pp.

--
Regards
Eddie
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 11 Aug, 15:10, thn...(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:

> So any recommendations for a source of cheap 3rd-party toner cartridges?
> There seem to be hundreds of them out there, and no doubt most are less
> than reliable...

I don't know how they compare on prices, but I've used "Supercharge"
in Cambridge for years. Their toner carts. are utterly reliable and
the guy knows his stuff. You only have to say have an XYZ printer and
he'll tell you which one you need. Everytime I get a toner from
somewhere else, I regret it - they die prematurely or leak toner
everywhere (except for new, branded ones at full price :-().

<http://www.supercharge.co.uk/>

From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 12 Aug, 12:32, thn...(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:
> Sak Wathanasin <s...(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:
> > On 11 Aug, 15:10, thn...(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:
>
> > > So any recommendations for a source of cheap 3rd-party toner cartridges?
> > > There seem to be hundreds of them out there, and no doubt most are less
> > > than reliable...
>
> > I don't know how they compare on prices, but I've used "Supercharge"
> > in Cambridge for years. Their toner carts. are utterly reliable and
> > the guy knows his stuff. You only have to say have an XYZ printer and
> > he'll tell you which one you need. Everytime I get a toner from
> > somewhere else, I regret it - they die prematurely or leak toner
> > everywhere (except for new, branded ones at full price :-().
>
> > <http://www.supercharge.co.uk/>
>
> Thanks Sak; price seems very similar to all the others, AND they have an
> actual physical address! Now I'm just waiting for them to tell me why
> the 'transfer to payment page' link isn\t working...

Ah, yes, I remember now - their web ordering does seem to be somewhat
broken. Seems to be one of those "create a shop" type websites, and
I'd guess website construction isn't one of his core skills. Ring him
up - very friendly and helpful.

From: Kit on
In article <1jn2f5c.bk0p7ip7pqltN%thnews(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid>, Tim
Hodgson <thnews(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

> I think I'm about to bid a tearful farewell to my Laserjet 5M. I'd like
> to donate it to someone in a usable state, and as the current cartridge
> has taken one too many refills, I need a new cartridge, which I'd like
> to spend as little as possible on!
>
> So any recommendations for a source of cheap 3rd-party toner cartridges?
> There seem to be hundreds of them out there, and no doubt most are less
> than reliable...

I've used Kenborne lots of times and have always been very satisfied
with them.
http://www.kenborne.co.uk/

Kit
From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 12 Aug, 14:08, thn...(a)poboxmolar.com.invalid (Tim Hodgson) wrote:
> Sak Wathanasin <s...(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Thanks Sak; price seems very similar to all the others, AND they have an
> > > actual physical address! Now I'm just waiting for them to tell me why
> > > the 'transfer to payment page' link isn\t working...
>
> > Ah, yes, I remember now - their web ordering does seem to be somewhat
> > broken. Seems to be one of those "create a shop" type websites, and
> > I'd guess website construction isn't one of his core skills. Ring him
> > up - very friendly and helpful.
>
> Thanks - no answer for the last couple of hours to phone or email but
> I'll keep trying :)

He may be on hols;I thought he had an answerphone, but the last cart I
got from him over a year ago is still going...