From: Rowland McDonnell on
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) <d4g4h4(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I played around with the flash settings and noticed that for "local
> storage" the setting was 100k. Changed this to unlimited, and hey
> presto, works fine now... after all that bother! :)

Ooh!

Oooooh!

Where are these settings made?

Rowland.
(thinking that Eliza Carthy is very /very/ unfair because I'm never
going to get into her knickers, damnit... She's singing now. No, I
don't normally listen to music while typing[1], but unngh... She got it
from her dad, that megawatt sexuality - it's just that I'm straight and
he's an old fart...)

[1] Ripping a CD, y'see - thought I'd hit the `folk' button while I was
at it.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: d4g4h4 on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:

> David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) <d4g4h4(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I played around with the flash settings and noticed that for "local
> > storage" the setting was 100k. Changed this to unlimited, and hey
> > presto, works fine now... after all that bother! :)
>
> Ooh!
>
> Oooooh!
>
> Where are these settings made?

Just control click over the flash element (e.g. video) and a dialogue
box appears. I think you can also do it via the adobe website. Oddly, my
partner's macbook just wouldn't respond while doing this with firefox,
so fixed it with safari instead- the settings are for all the browsers.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
From: Rowland McDonnell on
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) <d4g4h4(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet.invalid> wrote:
>
> > David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) <d4g4h4(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > I played around with the flash settings and noticed that for "local
> > > storage" the setting was 100k. Changed this to unlimited, and hey
> > > presto, works fine now... after all that bother! :)
> >
> > Ooh!
> >
> > Oooooh!
> >
> > Where are these settings made?
>
> Just control click over the flash element (e.g. video) and a dialogue
> box appears. I think you can also do it via the adobe website. Oddly, my
> partner's macbook just wouldn't respond while doing this with firefox,

That might have been done to some interference from an extension - I
often run into that sort of issue with Firefox. Sometimes, I bother to
track down the interfering extension, sometimes I just use Safari.

> so fixed it with safari instead- the settings are for all the browsers.

Righto - ta.

Rowland.