From: tim on
Hi,

I have an application checking if debugger is running. If so the application
just exits. Is there a way to debug this kind of application?

Thanks,
tim

From: Francois PIETTE on
> I have an application checking if debugger is running. If so the
> application just exits. Is there a way to debug this kind of application?

Do you have the application source code ?

--
francois.piette(a)overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be

From: m on
Yes.

BTW: If you tell us more about what you are trying to do, so that to us you
look less like a hacker, you will likely receive more useful replies ;)

From: Alexander Grigoriev on

Of course there is a way. You can connect a debugger in non-intrusive way.
You can inject a thread and have it suspend all other threads. You can
suspend the whole process and peek around its frozen memory. All that
anti-debugging is just an exercise in futility.

From: m on
Obviously - with physical access to the machine, there is no ultimately
successful anti-debugging device. But the OP is asking how to defeat one;
and presumably one that has been implemented by someone else in some
software that he would like to debug. If he doesn't know how to do this
already, then likely he shouldn't be doing it at all. But if what he really
was trying to ask was how to build an anti-debugging device for his program,
then there are a few ways to make a program more difficult to debug or
disassemble that he might consider.