From: //o// on

> Al Dunbar [MS-MVP] wrote:
>

>> If your connectivity issues are more GPO based, you might find that
>> systems
>> are browsable, but not accessible to your purposes. In that case you may
>> have little to gain from this method.
>

> to quicken things further you can start more checks in parralel.
>
> gr /\/\o\/\/

to process more than 1 at the same time, so that a few "bad Apples" do
not keep you up to mutch.

you can use following script(s).

1 calling and 1 script(go.cmd) to put your code in.

you can set MaxProcess and Delay to finetune the process

gr /\/\o\/\/

________________________________

Main Script
________________________________
@Echo off
echo 0 > count.txt

set maxProcess=5
set Delay=5

:start
for /f %%i in (count.txt) do set count=%%i
if %count% LSS %maxProcess% call :go
echo %count% processes Running
ping -n %Delay% 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto :start
:EOF

:go
start /b go.cmd
echo New Process started
set /a count=%count%+1
echo %count% > count.txt
:EOF

______________________________
Go.cmd
______________________________

@echo off
::::::::::::
:: Code Here
::::::::::::

cscript //nologo sleep.vbs

::::::::::::::::::
:: Sync management
::::::::::::::::::

for /f %%i in (count.txt) do set count=%%i
set /a count=%count%-1
echo %count% > count.txt

echo Process Ended
exit
From: Al Dunbar [MS-MVP] on

"/\/\o\/\/" <ask(a)mow.com> wrote in message

> Al Dunbar [MS-MVP] wrote:
>

> > If your connectivity issues are more GPO based, you might find that
systems
> > are browsable, but not accessible to your purposes. In that case you may
> > have little to gain from this method.
> >
> computers, that ARE off don't usualy give problems,
> computers that ARE on but have problems, in this case the firewall,
> but also it happens (to mutch)that WMI is corrupt,

I guess we are just lucky then, as we our workstations are all on the same
side of the firewall, and we do not seem to have WMI corruption problems.
Still, we do save some wasted time by this method - just not as much as the
OP wastes because of the problems he has and we don't.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/reinstalling_wmi.asp

> to quicken things further you can start more checks in parralel.

That sounds like a very useful approach if one expects to have some
computers taking minutes to fail out from a WMI call...

/Al