From: Bob Phillips on
Then you have to query the database, you cannot avoid it.

--

HTH

Bob

From: fisch4bill on
You're going to have to query SOMETHING to find out if the user has access.
It makes more sense to query the database than to duplicate your data
somewhere else, and query that. That's the whole rationale behind relational
databases - reduced data duplication and less maintenance - You'll have to
update TWO databases rather than just one if you don't query the original
database.