From: IgorM on
Hi

I have a database in access mdb file. In Excel I created a userform where
user inputs a username and password. What's the best way to check if the
given credentials are correct - in VBA of course?

Kind regards
IgorM

From: Bob Phillips on
Igor,

Surely, you would just have a user table with passwords on the database, and
check against that?

--

HTH

Bob

From: IgorM on
"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips(a)somewhere.com> wrote:
> Igor,
>
> Surely, you would just have a user table with passwords on the
> database, and
> check against that?

I have creared users in the database. So i don't really want to query
any tables but I want to check if a ceartain user with a provided
password exists, ie is created in the mdb file.

--
IgorM
From: Tim Williams on
Just try to run a simple select on the database using the credentials
supplied, and check any errors (if generated).

Tim

From: IgorM on
I know that this is one of the possibilities. But I was thinking about
something more advanced.So I just want to know is such and such user has
access to database, but I don't want to query any tables in the database to
do this.

Uzytkownik "Tim Williams" <timjwilliams(a)gmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci grup