From: Stu Fields on

"Zymrgy" <zymrgy(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On May 7, 9:41 pm, "Stu Fields" <e...(a)iwvisp.com> wrote:
> "Zymrgy" <zym...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On May 7, 1:08 pm, "John R. Carroll" <nu...(a)bidness.dev.nul> wrote:
>

> > Well, he did drop out of HS and "never looked back" didn't he.
> > LOL
>
> > --
> > John R. Carroll
>
> Honestly...what kind of dumbass can't make it through HS?
>
> I couldn't. I was bored out of my tree.
>
> S.Fields BSEE, graduate work in Communication theory. Patent holder in
> electronics, and author of several articles dealing with mechanical issues
> with helicopters. Now a magazine publisher. For me HS was a waste of time.

WooHoo. I have a masters in geology & a BS in Physics. Both by the
time I was 17. For me HS was behind me when I was 14. Anyone who can't
finish it is a complete dumbass. If it bored you that much....why
didn't you finish early?

Could have. I was skipped ahead when I was in the 6th grade. However, to
finish HS and have what? I know of several people who were very creative
that didn't bother with finishing a process that had little meaning for
them. I also dodged an MSEE that was going to be granted with little
learning in back of it. According to U Berkeley, I was the top student in
their toughest undergraduate class in EE. I was on a full salary
scholarship for the MS. The classes were a disaster with profs in a panic
about the publish or perish. After 9 months of that farce I dropped out of
that as well. Yeah I don't have the piece of paper that says MSEE, but from
what I saw at Berkeley at that time I can't find any value in that piece of
paper either.

From: Cliff on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 09:54:41 -0700, "Stu Fields" <eh(a)iwvisp.com> wrote:

>"Zymrgy" <zymrgy(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>On May 7, 9:41 pm, "Stu Fields" <e...(a)iwvisp.com> wrote:
>> "Zymrgy" <zym...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>> On May 7, 1:08 pm, "John R. Carroll" <nu...(a)bidness.dev.nul> wrote:
>>

>> > Well, he did drop out of HS and "never looked back" didn't he.
>> > LOL
>>
>> > --
>> > John R. Carroll
>>
>> Honestly...what kind of dumbass can't make it through HS?
>>
>> I couldn't. I was bored out of my tree.
>>
>> S.Fields BSEE, graduate work in Communication theory. Patent holder in
>> electronics, and author of several articles dealing with mechanical issues
>> with helicopters. Now a magazine publisher. For me HS was a waste of time.
>
>WooHoo. I have a masters in geology & a BS in Physics. Both by the
>time I was 17. For me HS was behind me when I was 14. Anyone who can't
>finish it is a complete dumbass. If it bored you that much....why
>didn't you finish early?
>
>Could have. I was skipped ahead when I was in the 6th grade. However, to
>finish HS and have what? I know of several people who were very creative
>that didn't bother with finishing a process that had little meaning for
>them. I also dodged an MSEE that was going to be granted with little
>learning in back of it. According to U Berkeley, I was the top student in
>their toughest undergraduate class in EE. I was on a full salary
>scholarship for the MS. The classes were a disaster with profs in a panic
>about the publish or perish. After 9 months of that farce I dropped out of
>that as well. Yeah I don't have the piece of paper that says MSEE, but from
>what I saw at Berkeley at that time I can't find any value in that piece of
>paper either.

Perhaps you can tell Rodger N where his voltages floated off to then.
I think it might be near Akron.
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sat, 8 May 2010 08:52:19 -0700 (PDT), Joe788 <joemama788(a)aol.com> wrote:

>Jon, why don't you elaborate for us your experience with the Mastercam
>Advanced 5 axis package,

<Snicker>

>and while you're at it, elaborate on your
>experience with Cimatron?

<Snicker>
--
Cliff