From: Mike Fogleman on
Your best method would be to remove the borders on the destination cell
after the paste. As Gary's Student had set the destination range to a
variable r2, you can use that variable to remove the borders..

Set r2 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="pick destination", Type:=8)
r1.Copy r2
r2.Borders.LineStyle = xlNone

Even if there are no borders to remove, this will not throw an error.

Mike F