From: Mik on
Using VBA, I have copied the contents / comments / color etc.. of a
particular cell (single or merged), and wish to manually select (using
mouse pointer) which cell to paste the data.

So, I guess the VBA code should pause / stop until a new cell is
chosen and confirmed.
Is this posible?

My code so far is....

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
' MOVE data
Dim Answer As String
Dim MyNote As String
MyNote = "Move selected data?"
Answer = MsgBox(MyNote, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "For Confirmation")
If Answer = vbNo Then
Exit Sub
End If
Selection.Copy
With ActiveCell
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
.ClearContents
.ClearComments
.UnMerge
End With
MsgBox ("Please select new cell, where data will be copied to. ")

?????????????

ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Thanks in advance.
Mik
From: Gary''s Student on
Type:=8 will allow you to use the mouse:

Sub movem()
Dim r1 As Range, r2 As Range
Set r1 = Selection
Set r2 = Application.InputBox(prompt:="pick destination", Type:=8)
r1.Copy r2
End Sub
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

From: Don Guillett on
Try this. Select the cell to copy>fire the macro>select the paste cell>macro
finishes job

Sub copytoselectionSAS()
Selection.Copy Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _
"Select your copy cell", Title:="SalesAid Software", Type:=8)
With ActiveCell
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
.ClearContents
.ClearComments
.UnMerge
End With

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Mik on
On 8 May, 16:49, "Don Guillett" <dguille...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this. Select the cell to copy>fire the macro>select the paste cell>macro
> finishes job
>
> Sub copytoselectionSAS()
> Selection.Copy Application.InputBox(Prompt:= _
>  "Select your copy cell", Title:="SalesAid Software", Type:=8)
>  With ActiveCell
>     .Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
>     .ClearContents
>     .ClearComments
>     .UnMerge
> End With
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguill...(a)gmail.com"Mik" <mhol...(a)safetysystemsuk.com> wrote in message

> > Using VBA, I have copied the contents / comments / color etc.. of a
> > particular cell (single or merged), and wish to manually select (using
> > mouse pointer) which cell to paste the data.
>
> > So, I guess the VBA code should pause / stop until a new cell is
> > chosen and confirmed.
> > Is this posible?
>
> > My code so far is....
>
> > Private Sub CommandButton4_Click()
> > ' MOVE data
> > Dim Answer As String
> > Dim MyNote As String
> > MyNote = "Move selected data?"
> > Answer = MsgBox(MyNote, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "For Confirmation")
> > If Answer = vbNo Then
> >    Exit Sub
> > End If
> > Selection.Copy
> > With ActiveCell
> >    .Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
> >    .ClearContents
> >    .ClearComments
> >    .UnMerge
> > End With
> > MsgBox ("Please select new cell, where data will be copied to. ")
>
> > ?????????????
>
> > ActiveSheet.Paste
> > End Sub
>
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Mik- Hide quoted text -

Thank you both for your reply.....

The cells that are being copied / moved can sometimes have a border
along one of it's edges (left or right, depending on it's location).
When i run your code, the borders also copy across to the new
location.

I don't want this to happen.
I have tried utilising the 'PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteAllExceptBorders' routine, but i get errors.
Possibly entering it wrong.

Can you please assist?

Thanks
Mik
From: Don Guillett on
I am not exactly sure what you have and what you want. Is this one or more
cells to copy? Do the source cells have color,merging,comments. Do you want
to copy one or more cells with OUT these. Perhaps a sample file.