From: Dr J R Stockton on

Page <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-grphx.htm>, both locally and from
server, in XP sp3, draws to a canvas when button ReadText is pressed.
The canvas is then copied to a PNG. In my up-to-date Chrome 3.0.195.38,
right-click gives the expected sort of menu, but "Save image as" is
disabled. The corresponding entry is not disabled in Opera, Safari,
Firefox.

Is that a bug or a feature? Comment? The image can less elegantly be
copied to the clipboard and pasted into Windows Paint and saved.

A PNG inserted into a page in the ordinary way can be saved directly
from right-click in my Chrome.

From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Dec 28, 4:17 pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply0...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> Page <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-grphx.htm>, both locally and from
> server, in XP sp3, draws to a canvas when button ReadText is pressed.
> The canvas is then copied to a PNG.  In my up-to-date Chrome 3.0.195.38,
> right-click gives the expected sort of menu, but "Save image as" is
> disabled.  The corresponding entry is not disabled in Opera, Safari,
> Firefox.
>
> Is that a bug or a feature?  Comment?  The image can less elegantly be
> copied to the clipboard and pasted into Windows Paint and saved.

Looks to be a bug:

From: Dr J R Stockton on
On Dec 29, 8:11 am, "Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")"
<t...(a)thenewobjective.com> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 4:17 pm, Dr J R Stockton <reply0...(a)merlyn.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > Page <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-grphx.htm>, both locally and from
> > server, in XP sp3, draws to a canvas when button ReadText is pressed.
> > The canvas is then copied to a PNG.  In my up-to-date Chrome 3.0.195.38,
> > right-click gives the expected sort of menu, but "Save image as" is
> > disabled.  The corresponding entry is not disabled in Opera, Safari,
> > Firefox.
>
> > Is that a bug or a feature?  Comment?  The image can less elegantly be
> > copied to the clipboard and pasted into Windows Paint and saved.
>
> Looks to be a bug:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=19277

Thanks. That seems distinct, since the graphic has been taken from
the canvas and loaded into an image.

<FAQENTRY> Perhaps the FAQ should have an entry on Bug Reporting,
giving URLs for major implementations and indicating what details
should (where not automated) be supplied.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London, UK. Using Google, no spell-check.
Mail: J.R.""""""""@physics.org or (better) via Home Page at