From: Andrew Poulos on
Is it possible to populate a PDF's form fields using javascript from a
browser? Google gives a few server side examples but I need it to work
without server side input.

Andrew Poulos
From: JR on
On Dec 28, 10:07 pm, Andrew Poulos <ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to populate a PDF's form fields using javascript from a
> browser? Google gives a few server side examples but I need it to work
> without server side input.

It seems completely odd to do that in the browser-side, since the PDF
file would have already been loaded. Then, the user's browser would
have to rewrite the PDF file 'on the fly'...

Cheers,
JR
From: Andrew Poulos on
On 29/12/2009 12:03 PM, JR wrote:
> On Dec 28, 10:07 pm, Andrew Poulos<ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to populate a PDF's form fields using javascript from a
>> browser? Google gives a few server side examples but I need it to work
>> without server side input.
>
> It seems completely odd to do that in the browser-side, since the PDF
> file would have already been loaded. Then, the user's browser would
> have to rewrite the PDF file 'on the fly'...

I don't want to write an entire PDF I want to update some of the form
field's in an existing PDF. Or does it *have* to happen before the PDF
is loaded?

Andrew Poulos
From: JR on
On Dec 28, 11:15 pm, Andrew Poulos <ap_p...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/12/2009 12:03 PM, JR wrote:
>
> > On Dec 28, 10:07 pm, Andrew Poulos<ap_p...(a)hotmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Is it possible to populate a PDF's form fields using javascript from a
> >> browser? Google gives a few server side examples but I need it to work
> >> without server side input.
>
> > It seems completely odd to do that in the browser-side, since the PDF
> > file would have already been loaded. Then, the user's browser would
> > have to rewrite the PDF file 'on the fly'...
>
> I don't want to write an entire PDF I want to update some of the form
> field's in an existing PDF. Or does it *have* to happen before the PDF
> is loaded?

Maybe there is an answer to your question in
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html

Cheers,
JR