From: RG on
Can you have an untagged vlans on this switch and how do you define it?

Thanks in advanced

From: Doug McIntyre on
"RG" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> writes:
>Can you have an untagged vlans on this switch and how do you define it?
>Thanks in advanced

Yes, pretty much all of Cisco's switches support VLAN'ing..

If you mean put a port into access mode..

interface FastE 0/1
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 403
From: RG on
Yes. Wouldn't this mean that the switch's port fa0/1 sends and receives
packets that only contain vlan id 403 tag and no others vlans.

What I am looking for is in addition to this...

interface FastE 0/2
some untagged definition of vlan 403

and

interface FastE 0/3
default vlan

where fa0/2 could communicate with fa0/1 and fa0/3. In other words, packets
will not contain vlan id tag when being transmitted.

Thanks for your help.

From: Lukas Schratz on
* RG hackte in den Rechenknecht:
> Can you have an untagged vlans on this switch and how do you define it?
>
> Thanks in advanced

As untagged vs. tagged traffic is only important if you trunk it
somewhere else, you should change the native vlan of that trunk to
whatever you want. Traffic from the native vlan is untagged and only
possible if you use dot1q.

luke
--
Es gibt im Universum keine größere bekannte Kraft als die, welche auf
unfertige Software wirkt, um sie in die große weite Welt auszuliefern.
From: RG on
Great. Now that you mention trunking... I would like to put 2621 router
between the vlans I mentioned. Based on what you are saying this should
work. Can I trunk more than one vlan on the same port and how would I do
it?

Thanks again for your help

"Lukas Schratz" <lukas.schratz(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>* RG hackte in den Rechenknecht:
>> Can you have an untagged vlans on this switch and how do you define it?
>>
>> Thanks in advanced
>>
> As untagged vs. tagged traffic is only important if you trunk it
> somewhere else, you should change the native vlan of that trunk to
> whatever you want. Traffic from the native vlan is untagged and only
> possible if you use dot1q.
>>

> luke
> --
> Es gibt im Universum keine gr��ere bekannte Kraft als die, welche auf
> unfertige Software wirkt, um sie in die gro�e weite Welt auszuliefern.
> Auf Platz zwei ist die Kraft, die Frisbee-Scheiben unter Autos oder an
> andere unzug�ngliche Stellen tr�gt. --FvL in dasr

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: PIX VPN
Next: snmp monitoring