From: phantom on
I've got a few things I want to do with my DVD/VCR combo player that I
can't seem to get it to do.

1. I want to use it to view TV channels instead of tuning with my TV,
because my TV is mono only and thus I can't use stereo speakers with
it; with this combo player I can hook up stereo speakers to the RCA
jack (works great in DVD and VHS playback). The problem is, it doesn't
seem to put any sound through the line out (RCA jack) when viewing TV;
I only get video.

2. I also want to be able to use it for my video game consoles for a
similar reason; stereo sound. Unfortunately, pressing the "INPUT SEL"
button on the remote is doing nothing. It's not switching away from
the TV mode. I know the button itself works though, because when I
press it during DVD playback it takes me to the TV viewing mode.