From: "sueandant" on
I'm still fighting a losing battle in my attempts to get PHP speak to mysqli. I can access MySql via the prompt. Apache and PHP are installed and working. In Apache's config file PHPIniDir is set to "C:\php", which is where I unzipped the binary download files, and set LoadModule php5_module C:\php\php5apache2_2.dll. In php.ini I have uncommented the mysql.dll and mysqli.dll extensions and set extension_dir = "C:\php\ext\". I have edited the environment variables to include C:\php and C:php\ext.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.3 and MySql Server 5.1.

What have I missed?
From: Steve Staples on
On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 21:00 +0100, sueandant wrote:
> I'm still fighting a losing battle in my attempts to get PHP speak to mysqli. I can access MySql via the prompt. Apache and PHP are installed and working. In Apache's config file PHPIniDir is set to "C:\php", which is where I unzipped the binary download files, and set LoadModule php5_module C:\php\php5apache2_2.dll. In php.ini I have uncommented the mysql.dll and mysqli.dll extensions and set extension_dir = "C:\php\ext\". I have edited the environment variables to include C:\php and C:php\ext.
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium 32 bit with SP2, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.3 and MySql Server 5.1.
>
> What have I missed?

How are you connecting to the mysql? What does your connection string
look like from your php file? Can you cut and paste it here for us to
trouble shoot (if it is the apache->php->mysql connection problem)

Steve

From: "sueandant" on
Thanks Steve. Here's the php file:

<?php

/**
*
*
* @version $Id$
* @copyright 2010
*/
$mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "root", "woodcote", "testDB");

if (mysqli_connect_errno()) {
printf("Connect failed: %s\n", mysqli_connect_error());
exit();
} else {
printf("Host information: %s\n", mysqli_get_host_info($mysqli));
}

?>

When I run this small program I get a Fatal Error: Class mysqli not found
error message.

From: "Jay Blanchard" on
[snip]
When I run this small program I get a Fatal Error: Class mysqli not
found
error message.
[/snip]

Have you run a simple phpinfo(); to see if you have the mysqli module?
From: chris h on
mysqli is set of functions not a class. The name to connect is
mysqli_connect

mysqli can be used as either a set of functions ( mysqli_connect(..) ) OR it
can be used an an object ( new mysqli(...) ). When used as an object you
just use the various functions as methods.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.connect.php

Chris.