From: Kristin on
Hello,

I am trying to classify 5 columns of scores into groups based on the
dominant score in each row. for example, if column A2 has the highest score
out of A2:E2, then the classification number should be 1. likewise if E2 has
the highest score out of A2:E2, then the classification number should be 5

any thoughts?
From: Jacob Skaria on
Do you mean

=MAX(A2:E2)

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Bernd P on
> Do you mean
>
> =MAX(A2:E2)

Maybe more like
=MATCH(MAX(A2:E2),A2:E2,0)
I guess.

Regards,
Bernd
From: Kristin on
sort of, but i don't need the value of the max, i need the column that the
max value is in...

From: Jacob Skaria on
Try
=MATCH(MAX(A2:E2),A2:E2)