From: Brainstormer on
I can't seem to find the right cleaning utility for Windows XP. Did
HP not create one
for the HP Laserjet 6P? I happen to have a lot of cartridges and
looking to
print a book interior and have it professionally bound. It would be
great to
be able to clean the printer as there are two tiny dots coming out on
the page
now.

Does anyone know of a website the describes how to also manually clean
this printer?

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
From: Bob Eager on
On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:16:15 -0700, Brainstormer wrote:

> I can't seem to find the right cleaning utility for Windows XP. Did HP
> not create one
> for the HP Laserjet 6P? I happen to have a lot of cartridges and
> looking to
> print a book interior and have it professionally bound. It would be
> great to
> be able to clean the printer as there are two tiny dots coming out on
> the page
> now.
>
> Does anyone know of a website the describes how to also manually clean
> this printer?

Laser printers don't normally have cleaning utilities.

The way to see where the dirt is, is to measure the vertical distance
between the dots (I assume they are vertically above each other). Divide
that by pi, and that's the diameter of the roller with the dirt on it. It
might be a roller in the toner cartridge (if that contains a roller) so a
new cartridge might fix it.

It may be useful to get laser printer cleaning paper. You put in a sheet,
manual feed. Then print a blank page.

Do you have any manuals?
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: