From: ps56k on
with several cities now up and running on WiMax,
as it was just launched in Chicago,
and I have seen several kiosks with the Moto live running receivers -
desktop & USB -
wondering how ClearWire will do as an investment ?
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLWR

It seems like Clear has several partners,
as I've seen co-op ads from - Sprint, Comcast, etc -

Both the base station + USB being offered for $55/month
--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

From: ps56k on

"ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote in message
> with several cities now up and running on WiMax,
> as it was just launched in Chicago,
> and I have seen several kiosks with the Moto live running receivers -
> desktop & USB -
> wondering how ClearWire will do as an investment ?
> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLWR
>
> It seems like Clear has several partners,
> as I've seen co-op ads from - Sprint, Comcast, etc -
>
> Both the base station + USB being offered for $55/month
> --
> ----------------------------------

Wondering -

How much of a lead does Clearwire & WiMax have
before the cellular carriers have 4G like LTE deployed ?

From: ps56k on

> "ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote in message
>> with several cities now up and running on WiMax,
>> as it was just launched in Chicago,
>> and I have seen several kiosks with the Moto live running receivers -
>> desktop & USB -
>> wondering how ClearWire will do as an investment ?
>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLWR
>>
>> It seems like Clear has several partners,
>> as I've seen co-op ads from - Sprint, Comcast, etc -
>>
>> Both the base station + USB being offered for $55/month
>> --
>> ----------------------------------
>
> Wondering -
>
> How much of a lead does Clearwire & WiMax have
> before the cellular carriers have 4G like LTE deployed ?

hmmmmmmmm -
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23280391-Clear-in-Chicago

From: Larry on
"ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam_me(a)interserv.com> wrote in news:hfi0ub$8kk$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Wondering -
>
> How much of a lead does Clearwire & WiMax have
> before the cellular carriers have 4G like LTE deployed ?

Totally different philosophies. Wimax carriers are in the business to
deliver UNLIMITED, HIGH SPEED data for use on anything you like.
Sellphone carriers are in business to sell PHONE SERVICE, first, and data
as a profit center after....to be milked for every cent they can.

Rode down I-20 in Atlanta speed testing off Clear's system at 10Mbps on a
Wimax aircard plugged into Dell's fastest laptop. That's NOT a burst-
speed trick or stupid sellphone compression fantasy. That's to a flash-
based speed test webpage, over and over. God it's FAST.

Difference is WiMax won't be throttling phone and TV services like
Sellphone carriers have done for years with their "only for email and web
browsing" bullshit. There's no "5GB/month then we're gonna screw you
good" mentality. What good will 5GB/month LTE 4G be? You don't expect a
company selling data at $1.99/MB, $1,990/GB, to let you stream TV at
2Mbps do you?.....ha!

I was one of the first cellular phone customers in Charleston, SC.

I intend to be one of the first WiMax data customers in Charleston, SC,
too!

Atlanta Wimax is here:
http://www.wimaxatl.com/

News about North Carolina is here:
http://www.yesdigital.com/

The combo plans are great. pick 2 = $55 for 6Mbps down/1Mbps up both
home or mobile. pick 3 is $75.

Think you'll ever see a sellphone carrier let you have two aircards and
home broadband for $75/mo UNLIMITED?...4 times as fast as VZW delivers
only 5GB/mo for $60 now?......NOT!

From: Randall on
On Dec 6, 8:22 pm, "ps56k" <pschuman_no_spam...(a)interserv.com> wrote:
> with several cities now up and running on WiMax,
> as it was just launched in Chicago,
> and I have seen several kiosks with the Moto live running receivers -
> desktop & USB -
> wondering how ClearWire will do as an investment ?http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLWR
>
> It seems like Clear has several partners,
> as I've seen co-op ads from - Sprint, Comcast, etc -
>
> Both the base station + USB being offered for $55/month

I think it largely depends if Clearwire get's another major investor.
If the Google phone comes out and if it is all IP then it's possible
that Google could decide to invest. Google already has a bunch of
fiber.