From: PD on
On Feb 5, 4:20 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
> "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:33:59 -0800 (PST), PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > >No, they are locally synched.
>
> > If they are synched whilst together they are in absolute synch with each
> > other.

> > >No, they are locally the same length.
>
> > That's exactly what I said. The distance between their ends occupies the
> > same
> > absolute spatial interval.

> > >Yes, that's because they are locally the same length.
>
> > It is because the distance between their ends occupies the same absolute
> > spatial interval.

> > >No, they are still locally synched.
>
> > The clocks are not affected by movement. They remain absolutely synched..
>
> > Henry Wilson...
>
> > .......provider of free physics lessons
>
> Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it so. In a battle between
> opposing statements without resolution, that's where experiments
> determine the answer.
> Repeating your idiot drool doesn't make it so.

That's right. That's where experiments determine the answer.

From: Androcles on

"PD" <thedraperfamily(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 5, 4:20 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
> "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:33:59 -0800 (PST), PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > >No, they are locally synched.
>
> > If they are synched whilst together they are in absolute synch with each
> > other.

> > >No, they are locally the same length.
>
> > That's exactly what I said. The distance between their ends occupies the
> > same
> > absolute spatial interval.

> > >Yes, that's because they are locally the same length.
>
> > It is because the distance between their ends occupies the same absolute
> > spatial interval.

> > >No, they are still locally synched.
>
> > The clocks are not affected by movement. They remain absolutely synched.
>
> > Henry Wilson...
>
> > .......provider of free physics lessons
>
> Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it so. In a battle between
> opposing statements without resolution, that's where experiments
> determine the answer.
> Repeating your idiot drool doesn't make it so.

That's right. That's where experiments determine the answer.
Nature determines the answer, not your nonsensical thunk-it-so
"experiments".

From: PD on
On Feb 5, 5:28 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
> "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 5, 4:20 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
>

> > "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> > > If they are synched whilst together they are in absolute synch with each
> > > other.

> > > That's exactly what I said. The distance between their ends occupies the
> > > same
> > > absolute spatial interval.

> > > It is because the distance between their ends occupies the same absolute
> > > spatial interval.

> > > The clocks are not affected by movement. They remain absolutely synched.
>
> > > Henry Wilson...
>
> > > .......provider of free physics lessons
>
> > Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it so. In a battle between
> > opposing statements without resolution, that's where experiments
> > determine the answer.
> > Repeating your idiot drool doesn't make it so.
>
> That's right. That's where experiments determine the answer.
> Nature determines the answer, not your nonsensical thunk-it-so
> "experiments".

I'm not talking about "thought experiments", I'm talking about REAL
experiments.
And how do you know what nature says about the answer, without REAL
experiments?
Ah yes, I remember, if Newton's laws say so, then why consult nature?
From: Androcles on

On Feb 5, 5:28 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
> "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Feb 5, 4:20 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_u> wrote:
>

> > "PD" <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>
> > > On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:33:59 -0800 (PST), PD
> > > <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com>

> > > If they are synched whilst together they are in absolute synch with
> > > each
> > > other.

> > > That's exactly what I said. The distance between their ends occupies
> > > the
> > > same
> > > absolute spatial interval.

> > > It is because the distance between their ends occupies the same
> > > absolute
> > > spatial interval.

> > > The clocks are not affected by movement. They remain absolutely
> > > synched.
>
> > > Henry Wilson...
>
> > > .......provider of free physics lessons
>
> > Repeating your nonsense doesn't make it so. In a battle between
> > opposing statements without resolution, that's where experiments
> > determine the answer.
> > Repeating your idiot drool doesn't make it so.
>
> That's right. That's where experiments determine the answer.
> Nature determines the answer, not your nonsensical thunk-it-so
> "experiments".

I'm not talking about "thought experiments", I'm talking about REAL
experiments.

Nonsense, you've never done any real experiments.

And how do you know what nature says about the answer, without REAL
experiments?
Repeating your idiot drool doesn't make it so.

You don't even know what the question is.

Ah yes, I remember, if Newton's laws say so, then why consult nature?
Ah yes, I remember:
You are not entitled to be educated. Someone who insists on
being willfully ignorant does not deserve to be dissuaded.
Nobody owes you anything. Nobody *should* do anything for
you. It's your choice to learn or not to learn.

From: Charlie Monk on
On Feb 5, 2:54 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 9:36 pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

> > >This has been answered many times, Ken. Because the details of this
> > >experimental test contains sources of experimental error that are not
> > >present in indirect measurements. That is the art of experimental
> > >design, and why some indirect tests produce results of higher quality
> > >than direct measurements. I realize that you have no idea why this is.
>
> > >The fact is that experimentally, the direct OWLS measurement would not
> > >produce a result that is competitive or better than the quality of the
> > >combined results from TWLS and anisotropy measurements.
>
> > hahahahhahaha!
>
> > Do you know of any of those that uses a moving source?
>
> Yes indeed! And those have been mentioned to you before.
> If you don't intend to pay attention to the answers to your questions,
> why do you repeat the questions?
>

> > >PD
>
> > Henry Wilson...
>
> > .......provider of free physics lessons- Hide quoted text -

Henry Wilson's assumption: "Since [the clocks] don't change one iota
with movement, they must remain in absolute synch when separated"
seems to be at the bottom of this argument. This is true of constant
velocity movement but my understanding is that in order to be
separated they must each undergo differing acceleration vectors which
is the cause of the de-synchronising.

Charlie