From: tedP on
I have Acronis True Image version 8. It's an older version, about 5
years old. This version allows one to clone drives.

In my new comp, I have SATA drives. I'm wondering if this version of
TI will clone this type of drive. I seem to get the impression from
reading some posts in forums that there is a difference between
cloning IDE or SATA. drives.

Acronis 'support' is non-existent.
From: Rod Speed on
tedP@???.com.org.net.? wrote:

> I have Acronis True Image version 8. It's an older version,
> about 5 years old. This version allows one to clone drives.

> In my new comp, I have SATA drives. I'm wondering
> if this version of TI will clone this type of drive.

Yes it will.

> I seem to get the impression from reading some posts in forums
> that there is a difference between cloning IDE or SATA. drives.

Not in that sense.

> Acronis 'support' is non-existent.

Thats just plain wrong.

From: Franc Zabkar on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:09:29 -0500, tedP@???.com.org.net.? put finger
to keyboard and composed:

>I have Acronis True Image version 8. It's an older version, about 5
>years old. This version allows one to clone drives.
>
>In my new comp, I have SATA drives. I'm wondering if this version of
>TI will clone this type of drive. I seem to get the impression from
>reading some posts in forums that there is a difference between
>cloning IDE or SATA. drives.
>
>Acronis 'support' is non-existent.

If either of your drives is a Seagate or Maxtor, then you can use
DiscWizard to clone them. DiscWizard is an OEM version of Acronis True
Image. If your drive is another brand, you may be able to use ALT-T-O
(Technical Override) to clone it.

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discwiz.html

User Guide:
http://www.seagate.com/support/discwizard/dw_ug.en.pdf