From: shganduri via AccessMonster.com on
I have fields like Opening Balance and Closing Balance besides other fields.
I want the closing balance of one record to be carried as opening balance for
the next new record. Please help me urgently. It is a number field at both
the places.

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Are you talking about entering one record then entering the next record,
carrying the Closing Balance forward into the Opening Balance?

Or are you talking about entering one record, closing the form, then coming
back at a later date then and entering entering the next record, carrying the
Closing Balance forward? If this is the case, what field do you have on the
record that Access can check to ascertain the "last" Closing Balance?

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003