From: Dennys on
Idiot that I am, I am always closing the 'window' by the 'X' by mistake.
Many progs have a safety 'are you sure' and quite a few more give you the
option requiting 'file, exit' to close the prog. Closing Outlook causes me
to lose syncs and updates for other progs. You would think I would learn. I
haven't.

From: Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook] on

For corporate users there's an addin that reliably prevents you from closing
Outlook accidentally. Please see OLKeeper here:
http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:37:02 -0800 schrieb Dennys:

> Idiot that I am, I am always closing the 'window' by the 'X' by mistake.
> Many progs have a safety 'are you sure' and quite a few more give you the
> option requiting 'file, exit' to close the prog. Closing Outlook causes
me
> to lose syncs and updates for other progs. You would think I would learn.
> haven't.
>
> "LTZ8802" wrote:
>
>> Just a minor siggestion, but as a corporate user there is nothing, and I
mean
>> nothing more annoying than accidentially closing Outlook and having it
shut
>> down. It is actually fairly easy to do if you have a laptop and a touch
>> screen.
>>
>> Why you ask? Well, most of us fire up outlook first thing in the morning
>> and so it is perpetually on the left side of the task bar. Now when you
>> accidentially close it, it ends up somewhere on the deep right side of
the
>> bar (assuming you are actually working). It can literally drive you nuts
the
>> rest of the day or you can close everything else to get it back to it's
>> proper position on the taskbar. Also, all of the emails you have open
and
>> such closes as well.
>>
>> So my humble suggestion would be that we get one of those "are you sure
you
>> want to close this" buttons to confirm your exit vs. "Do you want to
empty
>> your deleted items" button. Once that shows up you are done for and
there is
>> no stopping it from closing at that point.
>>
>> I know the real error is an ID10T error, but this may help us save
ourselves
>> from us!!
>>
>> Thank you for your time

"I