From: sebastico on
Hello

I have a database in Access 2003 in a server. Once in the web page the user
can open a form showing data from a query.

The query has two fields and each field shows the following:

Field A has the path to download records from the database.
Field B has a web page address.

I need two buttons, one button (A case) must download to the user computer
the record selected.

The second button (B case) must send user to a webpage.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

From: Mike Painter on
sebastico wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a database in Access 2003 in a server. Once in the web page
> the user can open a form showing data from a query.
>
> The query has two fields and each field shows the following:
>
> Field A has the path to download records from the database.
> Field B has a web page address.
>
> I need two buttons, one button (A case) must download to the user
> computer the record selected.
>
> The second button (B case) must send user to a webpage.

Neither of these requests is something that can be done in Access prior to
the 2010 version.

The second button is not needed if whatever generates the web page formats
the link properly.
The user would just click on it as is done in most web pages.

I don't know enough about the MSFT side of servers to offer any advice and
even in a linux environment my solution would be crude.

From: Gina Whipp on
sebastico,

Huh?

I don't get it...

Access 2003 database on a Server - CHECK
End-user goes to website and opens a form which shows data from a query -
CHECK

Here's where you lose me...

Field A - Where are these records being downloaded to? Or maybe you want to
upload them to the website? Or did you mean you want to download records
from the website into the database?

Field B - Send them to what website, the one they opened up prior? Or did a
webiste address appear in this box and it now needs to redirect them?

More details needed for a comprehensive answer. Oh, and while your at it,
it would help to know - Access version, Windows version (this might be
appliciable), Web Browser: IE, Fire Fox, etc... Is there and ftp site or
are looking for code to *scrap* data from a web page. Is the database
split? SQL Server? Well, I think you get what I mean by details.

--
Gina Whipp

II