From: lonelyplanetboy on
I'm using some C++ sample code (ASIO SDK from Steinberg) to host
IUnknown-based drivers for my soundcards. The sample code runs fine in
VS 2005 for one soundcard. For another soundcard, the sample code
crashes on CoCreateInstance(). If I break on that line and press F10,
I get "The program '[1812] hostsample.exe: Native' has exited with code
16 (0x10)." However, the code (both debug and release) runs as
expected outside of the IDE. Is there anyway to debug what is causing
the code running in the IDE to crash?

I've also created some Managed C++ code in VS 2005 to access the
soundcard. For some reason, CoCreateInstance() works fine in the IDE
with the driver that doesn't work in VC++.