From: Phoenix on
Gee, thanks, G'bo! Re-downloading all DR-008-related stuff now (good thing I
keep all those old reg and dl emails--and that the links were still valid).
I see what you mean about the unusual timbres of the respective drums.
Once I see how it goes in DR-008, perhaps I can re-create it in Battery; I
think that has the requisite setting for samples not cutting off. Then
again, the suction-cup effect might be kinda neat.

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> This is ultra quick and dirty, but it's a single layer sample set of my
> acoustic cocktail kit, setup in the DR-008. It doesn't appear that in the
> DR-008 that you can set a sample to not cut itself off if the same note is
> played before the previous sample is finished, and as such, you gotta
watch
> it with velocity on the cymbals, or else you get the suction cup effect.
>
> Anyway, it's here if anybody want's it to mess with.
>
> http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/Glennbo'sCocktailKit.zip

My exact words when I saw this post:

Ooooooh!

Thanks mon! And I do believe there is a way to not have the sample cut off
in the DR-008 depending on the version of the DR-008 you have. I'm not at
the music puter but I think you have to use the highest 'mode' possible, the
one where you can have multiple samples mapped in the same pad.

Thanks again!

Poly

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:Xns9D5DA8DA24D7BBrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)69.16.185.247 the killer
> robot Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > This is ultra quick and dirty, but it's a single layer sample set of
> > my acoustic cocktail kit, setup in the DR-008. It doesn't appear that
> > in the DR-008 that you can set a sample to not cut itself off if the
> > same note is played before the previous sample is finished, and as
> > such, you gotta watch it with velocity on the cymbals, or else you get
> > the suction cup effect.
> >
> > Anyway, it's here if anybody want's it to mess with.
> >
> > http://members.cox.net/glennbopix/Glennbo'sCocktailKit.zip
>
> And here's a short clip I did playing the DR-008 version of my
> acoustic cocktail kit, played from keyboard.
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=403575

It sound's like your Cocktail Kit!
Nice sampling job!

Poly

From: Steve_Karl on
Thanks ... very Cool!
Next time in in sample mode I might build this up for Giga 3.

Steve

From: sam booka on
Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> whinged

> ttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=403575

Absolutely outstanding! Master Booka also enjoys it and reckons it is
"Good shzt!" I am working for him as his butler, setting up his new place
in Freeport these days. I also need to locate a new set of computer
components for him at the villa. He said that you and certain Misters
BobF and HIO could help me. But he frets that it will need more RAM than
a mere DAW, as it will mainly be running his Java software designed to
surgically separate money from international banks. As you know, or ought
to know, Java hogs RAM for speed as an inherent limitation of the JVM
under heavy loads.

I look forward to your informed and enlightened reply. Thank you.

--
Robin Banks LLC, Grand Bahamas
Advanced Risk and Wealth Management