From: johnlft6 on
Hello,

I seem to have the same problem installing sp1 for office 07 and the
config.msi folder. But I don't have carbonite installed. How can I find out
which program is causing the problem without uninstalling everything on my
computer?

thanks!

From: ekeyser on

Your best bet is to use something like processmonitor (from MS - used to be
sysinternals) to find out which process is touching that folder.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

It's going to dump a lot of info to your screen so be sure to filter the
output. Something like "path contains 'config'"

From: cosmo on
I was having trouble installing SP3 (Vista home Premium). Found this post -
made config.msi R/W and disabled Carbonite - Problem solved - Thanks ekeyser!
--
Cosmo