From: na on
When I enable software restrictions on XP Pro 32bit version I am unable to
run windows update or install Flash player. On the x64 version I can delete
software restrictions but on the 32bit version this is not possible. I could
run windows update prior to enabling software restrictions...

Local admin's are except from software restrictions but it still fails. How
can I remove software restrictions or make Windows Updates work now?

From: na on

"na" <na(a)na.com> wrote in message
> When I enable software restrictions on XP Pro 32bit version I am unable to
> run windows update or install Flash player. On the x64 version I can
> delete software restrictions but on the 32bit version this is not
> possible. I could run windows update prior to enabling software
> restrictions...
>
> Local admin's are except from software restrictions but it still fails.
> How can I remove software restrictions or make Windows Updates work now?

I have found the answer to my own question:
Under "Trusted Publishers and Properties" you must select "End users".
One would think that "Local computer administrators" would be enough...