From: isobadd on
Depending upon which of several computers is being used to enter cases
(having unique case numbers), , I have an application in A2k3 on WinXP
which I now need to retrieve the Computer ID ("System Name") in order
to distinguish between computers so that a particular computer (and
its various users) utilize case numbers within a specified range of
sequential case numbers based upon the computer ID. Has anyone done
this or something similar before and does anyone have code that would
retrieve a "System Name" that I can then say, "If this 'System name",
then use the next sequential number in 'field_name' of
"Tbl_XYZ_CaseNmbers"?

Thanks...Earl Anderson
From: Salad on
isobadd wrote:
> Depending upon which of several computers is being used to enter cases
> (having unique case numbers), , I have an application in A2k3 on WinXP
> which I now need to retrieve the Computer ID ("System Name") in order
> to distinguish between computers so that a particular computer (and
> its various users) utilize case numbers within a specified range of
> sequential case numbers based upon the computer ID. Has anyone done
> this or something similar before and does anyone have code that would
> retrieve a "System Name" that I can then say, "If this 'System name",
> then use the next sequential number in 'field_name' of
> "Tbl_XYZ_CaseNmbers"?
>
> Thanks...Earl Anderson

This may or may not be what you need.
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0009.htm