From: John von Colditz on
Ok, this is wierd. We just had a multi-user Access database (2007)
crash. Separate front-end/back-ends(multiple). One user had two locks
on the back end, with one copy of the front-end open.

Suggestions as to what might be going on?

John

From: Jean-Paul Leppinus on
On Apr 6, 7:14 am, John von Colditz <johnv...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> Ok, this is wierd. We just had a multi-user Access database (2007)
> crash. Separate front-end/back-ends(multiple). One user had two locks
> on the back end, with one copy of the front-end open.
>
> Suggestions as to what might be going on?
>
> John

John
Is this not normal. I just checked the ldb of our most commonly used
backend (admittedly A97) and found that many users were in twice..one
3 times. If at some stage a user had 2 FE's open by mistake and closed
one, wouldn't the two locks appear in the BE until all users linked to
that BE closed down.
Tony