From: Wes_A on
XL 2007 on XP Pro:
I have a s/s with many names in cells along a row (in random order.)
Some names may be the same.
So I am trying to write a macro to "Find" the names that match one entered
into a cell by a user.
He should be presented with those that match and be able to select the one
required.
The active displayed cell should then move to that column in the row so that
he can update data in the cells below.

I have tried recording a macro using the "Find" in Excel but it does not
record.

Can anyone assist?
From: Don Guillett on
Instead try data>filter>autofilter>>>>.Record a macro while doing>clean it
up

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel