From: BEETAL on
Is there no way to fully protect a VBA project?

I have come across many comments in the excel programming news group which
say that it would take 30 seconds to un-protect a VBA project.

What is the best way to make the opening up the VBA project as difficult as
possible.

I was expecting that 2007 Excel vesrion would have the best possible
protection features.

From: JLatham on
Check out this discussion:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&mid=3097ca0d-da75-416e-8f1d-e9bfba487337&sloc=en-us

Jan Karel Pieterse posted a method to protect Excel VBA code about as
tightly as it can be.

From: Luke M on
That's a pretty cool trick.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: BEETAL on
Dear JLatham, Mike opened the protected workbook in less than 1 second. That
was strange,no!

From: Peter T on
Mike,

> I would like to get hold of this file because frankly I cannot see any way
> it could resist a passware attack using version 9.3 which I use.

I used an older version so maybe that's the reason.

If you want to leave your address here or contact me off-line (my address is
lightly disguised in the reply-to field) I'll send you Jan Karel's file
(with his consent).

Regards,
Peter T