From: Peter Terpstra on

Dear readers,
At the moment I'm unable again to play or convert wma files.

mplayer says it is supported, but it does not work.

prompt>mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1 -ao
pcm:waveheader file.wma
MPlayer dev-SVN-r30099-4.4-openSUSE Linux 11.2 (x86_64)-Packman (C)
2000-2009 MPlayer TeamCan't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such
file or directory
Can't init input joystick
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing file.wma.
ASF file format detected.
[asfheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
Clip info:
title: Tarrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra
author: Alirio Diaz
Requested audio codec family [wma9dmo] (afm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested audio codec family [wmadmo] (afm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x163.
Audio: no sound
Video: no video

prompt>mplayer -ac help|grep dmo
wma9dmo dmo working Windows Media Audio 9 DMO [wma9dmod.dll]
wmadmo dmo working Windows Media Audio DMO [wmadmod.dll]
wma9spdmo dmo working Windows Media Audio 9 Speech DMO
[wmspdmod.dll]

Anyone?

I have opensuse 11.2 on a 64bit machine here.

Thanks in advantage!

Peter
From: LSMFT on
Peter Terpstra wrote:

> Dear readers,
> At the moment I'm unable again to play or convert wma
files.

> mplayer says it is supported, but it does not work.
>

> prompt>mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -af
volume=0,resample=44100:0:1 -ao
> pcm:waveheader file.wma
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r30099-4.4-openSUSE Linux 11.2 (x86_64)-
Packman (C)
> 2000-2009 MPlayer TeamCan't open joystick device
/dev/input/js0: No such
> file or directory
> Can't init input joystick
> mplayer: could not connect to socket
> mplayer: No such file or directory
> Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use
your remote
> control.
>
> Playing file.wma.
> ASF file format detected.
> [asfheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
> Clip info:
> title: Tarrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra
> author: Alirio Diaz

> Requested audio codec family [wma9dmo] (afm=dmo) not
available.
> Enable it at compilation.
> Requested audio codec family [wmadmo] (afm=dmo) not
available.
> Enable it at compilation.
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x163.
> Audio: no sound
> Video: no video
>
> prompt>mplayer -ac help|grep dmo
> wma9dmo dmo working Windows Media Audio 9 DMO
[wma9dmod.dll]
> wmadmo dmo working Windows Media Audio DMO
[wmadmod.dll]
> wma9spdmo dmo working Windows Media Audio 9
Speech DMO
> [wmspdmod.dll]
>
> Anyone?
>
> I have opensuse 11.2 on a 64bit machine here.
>
> Thanks in advantage!
>
> Peter
In my experience you can PLAY .wma with Mplayer but if you
try to convert to mp3 you end up with a garbage file.
--
LSMFT
From: Peter Terpstra on
LSMFT wrote:

> In my experience you can PLAY .wma with Mplayer but if you
> try to convert to mp3 you end up with a garbage file.

I used mplayer as an example, because soundKonverter does not show output
(just a frontend), but I really would like to fix this.

Anyone?

Peter
From: Pipo on
Peter Terpstra wrote:

> Dear readers,
> At the moment I'm unable again to play or convert wma files.

For conversion you can try ffmpeg. Something like :

ffmpeg -i input.wma -ab 32 output.mp3

-ab 32 is for bit rate (32 or 64 kb/s)

Bertrand

From: Lloyd Branum on
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 07:56:30 +0000, Pipo wrote:

> Peter Terpstra wrote:
>

>> Dear readers,
>> At the moment I'm unable again to play or convert wma files.
>>

> For conversion you can try ffmpeg. Something like :
>
> ffmpeg -i input.wma -ab 32 output.mp3
>
> -ab 32 is for bit rate (32 or 64 kb/s)
>
> Bertrand

VLC will handle wma with no problems. www.videolan.org