From: jim-l-c on
I have a task view that is grouped by category. With all groups
expanded, selecting View/"Expand/Collapse Groups"/Collapse All
Groups, I get no tasks showing and an erroneous message "There are no
items to show in this view."

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I have a work around by which I can get the collapsed category groups
to show by clicking on a different group in the navigation pane then
clicking again in the navigation pane on the original task view.

Specifics of my task view: sort by due date, filter by complete = no

I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 on Vista Home Premiun SP2

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
Jim
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on

jim-l-c wrote:
> I have a task view that is grouped by category. With all groups
> expanded, selecting View/"Expand/Collapse Groups"/Collapse All
> Groups, I get no tasks showing and an erroneous message "There are no
> items to show in this view."
>
> Any ideas on how to correct this?
>
> I have a work around by which I can get the collapsed category groups
> to show by clicking on a different group in the navigation pane then
> clicking again in the navigation pane on the original task view.
>
> Specifics of my task view: sort by due date, filter by complete = no
>
> I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 on Vista Home Premiun SP2
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
> Jim

It sounds like you need to use the /cleanviews command. Close Outlook
and go to start menu's search command, type (or paste):

outlook.exe /cleanveiws

and restart outlook.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm for more
information.