From: chuck on
Peter wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 02:31 PM, Violet wrote:
>> Hi:
>> The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,'
>> although
>> letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.

With my older Philips LCD monitor, something in the video
cable has loosened. If I move the PC, the screen image goes
kinda "dull-green-ish". I found that if I reach down behind the
PC and "move" the bottom end of the cable, right about
where the lower balun (sp??) is, the screen becomes bright
and crisp again, and will stay that way till I again move
something. Yeah, I will get around to replacing the
cable, but right now it's looking good.
From: Paul on
Violet wrote:
> Hi:
> The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,' although
> letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.
>
> Prior to this occurred, the screen is 'crisp blue.'
> I did not change anything for this to occur. Then, it's quite puzzling me.
>
> My question is :
> How to get the screen back to the original color, ... 'crisp blue screen?'
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.

This sounds like a CRT monitor, rather than an LCD.

I've noticed a green discoloration, if selecting "sync-on-green" mode
for a CRT, but that would not be something normal to happen in Windows.
Normally, the CRT uses RGBHV (five signals), while sync-on-green is
a mode where the monitor uses RGB and sync travels along "G".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sync_on_green

On a CRT, a "gun failure", one of the three guns, can cause screen
discoloration. (That is a defect within the CRT monitor.) A bad monitor
video cable, might also affect the colors. To get green, we might
need both the blue and red to partially fail, and that seems
unlikely.

The "crisp blue" is a function of the "color temperature" setting
of the monitor. My old CRT monitor had three color temperatures,
with 9500 K being the highest setting. You'll notice in this
description, that "greenish" is not a side effect of the color
temperature setting. It ranges between "blueish" and "reddish".
To get greenish, it would be sync-on-green mode, or a CRT
problem internally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

"Higher color temperatures (5,000 K or more) are called cool
colors (blueish white); lower color temperatures (2,700�3,000 K)
are called warm colors (yellowish white through red)."

If it is a CRT, other clues might be whether the problem changes
from when the CRT is turned on "cold". If the screen is greenish,
and in a constant sort of way, no matter how long the CRT is turned
on, then it might not be a hardware failure as such. Some CRT color
problems, change as the CRT warms up.

Just a guess,
Paul
From: Danny on
Hi Violet,
1.) magnets close to monitor could damage the screen starting with color
defect. Incase if you have any large speakers close to it...avoid please.

2.) Try adjusting the color settings through the buttons on the
monitor..also exercise the "degasus ( magnet in a horse-shoe shape symbol)"
in the monitor menu.

3.) If nothing works...try your monitor on a different computer.
If it works properly on a different pc...your card might be the
problem; If it doesn't work on a different pc also....your monitor might need
some attention.

danny

"Violet" wrote:

> Hi:
> The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,' although
> letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.
>
> Prior to this occurred, the screen is 'crisp blue.'
> I did not change anything for this to occur. Then, it's quite puzzling me.
>
> My question is :
> How to get the screen back to the original color, ... 'crisp blue screen?'
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2