From: Violet on
Hi:
The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,' although
letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.

Prior to this occurred, the screen is 'crisp blue.'
I did not change anything for this to occur. Then, it's quite puzzling me.

My question is :
How to get the screen back to the original color, ... 'crisp blue screen?'

Thanks for your help in advance.

From: Unknown on
What type of monitor do you have> CRT? LCD?

From: VanguardLH on
Violet wrote:

> Hi:
> The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,' although
> letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.
>
> Prior to this occurred, the screen is 'crisp blue.'
> I did not change anything for this to occur. Then, it's quite puzzling me.
>
> My question is :
> How to get the screen back to the original color, ... 'crisp blue screen?'
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.

If it is a CRT monitor, it's likely its own controls (use the buttons on
the monitor) won't sufficiently bias the color to get rid of the color
tinge. It's old and needs to be replaced. Computer makers have gone to
LCD so find another CRT will be tough and perhaps expensive (since those
having them will probably charge for their storage since the makers stop
producing CRT monitors awhile back).

Did you use the software installed with the video card to ensure that
its settings were reset to the defaults? Did you yet play with the
controls on the monitor? And are we to GUESS at which monitor you have?
From: Peter on
On 07/14/2010 02:31 PM, Violet wrote:
> Hi:
> The screen, both desktop and all other screen getting 'dull-green,' although
> letter/words is very clear which enable to read and type.
>
> Prior to this occurred, the screen is 'crisp blue.'
> I did not change anything for this to occur.

Yes you did or someone with access to the machine did.

> Then, it's quite puzzling me.
>
> My question is :
> How to get the screen back to the original color, ... 'crisp blue screen?'
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.

Change the theme back to blue. Right click on the desktop/Properties/etc.

--
Peter
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2