From: Gavin on
As subject really, I want a good value, colour laser printer.

Has to be both Mac and Windows compatible, USB connection as I will be
using it off the back of the TimeCapsule.

I wont get a LOT of use, but the use it does have needs to be able to
do quality prints.

I dont want the cart replacment to exceed the value of the printer each
time either.

Any recommends?

--
Gavin.  ACSP 10.5
http://www.stoof.co.uk

From: Graham J on

"Gavin" <gwilbyREMOVE(a)stoof.co.uk> wrote in message
> As subject really, I want a good value, colour laser printer.
>
> Has to be both Mac and Windows compatible, USB connection as I will be
> using it off the back of the TimeCapsule.

Would it not be better to have a networked printer - then it could be
connected anywhere on your LAN over a cable as long as 100m rather than
restricted to 5m max for USB?

--
Graham J

From: Ian McCall on
"Graham J" <graham(a)invalid> wrote:
> "Gavin" <gwilbyREMOVE(a)stoof.co.uk> wrote in message
>> As subject really, I want a good value, colour laser printer.
>>
>> Has to be both Mac and Windows compatible, USB connection as I will
> > be
>> using it off the back of the TimeCapsule.
>
> Would it not be better to have a networked printer - then it could be
> connected anywhere on your LAN over a cable as long as 100m rather
> than
> restricted to 5m max for USB?

Get both: Samsung CLP-310, as I recently bought. Fits all criteria and
is networked. Splash a few quid extra to get (WEP only) WiFi.

I have one, and am perfectly satisfied.

Cheers,
Ian
From: Gavin on

From: Gavin on
On 2010-06-30 20:11:53 +0100, Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> said:

> "Graham J" <graham(a)invalid> wrote:
>> "Gavin" <gwilbyREMOVE(a)stoof.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> As subject really, I want a good value, colour laser printer.
>>>
>>> Has to be both Mac and Windows compatible, USB connection as I will
>>> be
>>> using it off the back of the TimeCapsule.
>>
>> Would it not be better to have a networked printer - then it could be
>> connected anywhere on your LAN over a cable as long as 100m rather
>> than
>> restricted to 5m max for USB?
>
> Get both: Samsung CLP-310, as I recently bought. Fits all criteria and
> is networked. Splash a few quid extra to get (WEP only) WiFi.
>
> I have one, and am perfectly satisfied.

My airport network can be seen from the pub, so, as before, it only has
to be USB as it will be using thr TC.