From: Warren on
Phred expounded in news:7lvdf2F3flusnU1(a)mid.individual.net:

> [CLBM dropped from followups; aus.computers added]
>
> In article <4afa711a$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>, Bob Larter
> <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>Phred wrote:
>>The process relies on residual chroma information retained on
>>cine-recorded colour TV programs, so it's of no use for film.
> Thanks for that advice Bob. Have you tried that approach with slides?
> I guess it should work the same, but a problem could be scanning
> slides with sufficient resolution without going to an expensive
> dedicated slide scanner. ...
>
> Cheers, Phred.

My wife and I just bought a small unit for $80 Cdn at Costco.
You can use it via USB, or just in your lap in front of the TV,
scanning into a memory stick. 5.x MP full colour scanned images.

Scan is more of a 0.5 second "picture take", since there is no
moving parts. You just advance the tray manually for the next
slide (or negative). It's quick compared to a scanner. You
spend all your time loading/unloading the slide tray.

Warren