From: Peter Duniho on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> My communication is from COM to managed code so the type library is a COM
> thingy that describe the COM so I can't use neither ILDASM or Red Gats's
> Reflector to eximine this type library

Your question is not a C# question. It's a COM question, and you'll get
better information asking it in a forum where COM questions are more
topical.

That said, one thing that it appears you are confused about is what a
COM type library really is. While it has the name "library" in it, it
is _nothing_ like an unmanaged .lib library or a managed or unmanaged
..dll library. It is literally a library of types, with no
implementation whatsoever. It simply _describes_ the COM objects.

If you want to examine the contents of the .tlb, you need to use the COM
tools available specific to that task. I haven't used it in awhile but
just looking at the docs it appears there is still the Object Browser in
Visual Studio. You should be able to use that to look at what the .tlb
information actually is:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exy1facf(v=VS.100).aspx

Note that since the .tlb is not the actual implementation of your COM
object, it is not the final word on what's available from your COM
object or not. After you've rebuilt your COM object with the new
settings, you probably have to make sure you've unregistered the
previous version and re-register the new version, with the new .tlb.

Pete