From: nitengale on
I have 2 tables of data that have sku #, size and color. Table 1 is a
reference with all items. Table 2 has on hand data. I am looking to create
a query to pull into table 2 additional information from table 1.

I have attempted to create a query for each table and add in a concatenation
of sku, size and color so that I can join the tables and extract information
to create a table and/or report.

When I attempt to create 1 query from both of these queries I'm getting
error messages...help - is there an easier way to build this (I will need to
refresh my tables on a regular basis from an automatic feed from another
system, so building this into a table isn't an option).
From: John Spencer on
If all you want is to show additional information from Table 1 when there is a
value in table 2 then you should be able to use a standard query where you
join on the three fields. If Size and Color are not always filled in (null
values) then the query is a bit more complex.

In query design view
== Add both tables
== Drag from SKU to SKU to form the first part of the join
== Drag from Color to Color
== Drag from size to size
== Select the fields you want to display from the tables.

If that does not work, post back with what the problem is and copy the SQL
statement so we can have a better idea of your data structure. (Hint: View:
SQL from the menu)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute