From: vander via AccessMonster.com on
Hello,

What I want to do seems simple enough, but I can't seem to find a simple
answer. go figure.

I have a table that has records of different leinholders. I want to take the
leinholder names based off of certian criteria and combine them into one memo
field.

example:

Lienholder
Doe Jane
Doe John

Doe Jane, Doe John

This has nothing to do with database structure. I need to utilize as much
space on a report page as possible. I first though of using columns in the
detail section of the report, but the leinholder names can get qiute lengthy
and fields cannot grow left to right, only up and down and I can't leave off
any part of the name. If I combine all the names together in one memo field
and have it grow as needed, best utilizes as much space as possible on the
report

I looked at some of the posts that already exist on various versions on this
subject and cant seem to find a working solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

From: John W. Vinson on

See http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0004.htm for VBA code to do this.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: vander via AccessMonster.com on
Hi John,

Ive pasted the code into a new module, then I pasted the function into a
query. Problem is when I try and save the query I get a "The SELECT statement
includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing,
or the punctuation is incorrect."

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 07 May 2010 19:23:08 GMT, "vander via AccessMonster.com" <u59668(a)uwe>
wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Ive pasted the code into a new module, then I pasted the function into a
>query. Problem is when I try and save the query I get a "The SELECT statement
>includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing,
>or the punctuation is incorrect."

Then correct the error in the SELECT statement.

If you would like help doing so please copy and paste the SQL view to a
message here, so someone can see it to help you.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: vander via AccessMonster.com on
The problem is I dont see anything wrong with it. I copied exactly as it
shows in the example you pointed me to.
So obviously that Select statement you pointed me to is wrong.