From: PlarfySoober on
I have a table with a list of applicantsb (Applicants). I have another table,
JobTitles, that contains four columns: JobTitle, Level, Manager's Title, and
Manager (Yes/no).

One of the fields in the Applicant table (Position) is a Combo Box, using
the JobTitle field of the JobTitle table for its source. To show what the
applicant is applying for.

But no matter what I choose on the list, the Position will always be "Claims
Coordinator".

The Key fields of the tables are Text-type, as is the Position field. But
the key fields do not match. Key for Applicant is "Badge", and for JobTitle
is "JobTitle".

Is there something obvious here I have missed? Thanks.

Don.
From: Tom Wickerath AOS168b AT comcast DOT on
Hi Don,

The Control Source property for a combo box specifies the bound column field
in which to save data that one selects with the combo box.

It would be helpful for you to provide the names of each table and field,
the data types of each field, and the various properties for your combo box,
including Row Source, Bound Column, Column Count, and Column Widths. If the
Row Source is a saved query, then make sure to provide the SQL statement for
this query, which you can get by flipping to design view for the query. Also,
provide a few sample records for all fields in each table.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/