From: Larry on
Hi,

I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third combobox
on the right shown in the picture below:

http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png

The following is the code:

HWND hvComboBox = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_COMBOBOX,NULL,
WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_VSCROLL |
0x00002000,
60, 62, 250, 100,
hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_COMBO1,hInst,NULL);

where I guess the 0x00002000 should give the combobox that special style
(the control was originally created with ResEdit)

Unfortunately, I am still getting a normal style like the combo in the
middle shown in the picture...what am I doing wrong?

thanks

From: Igor Tandetnik on
Larry wrote:
> I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third combobox
> on the right shown in the picture below:
>
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png

Your URL didn't make it into the newsgroup for some reason. What's supposed to be special about the third combobox on the right?

> The following is the code:
>
> HWND hvComboBox = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_COMBOBOX,NULL,
> WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_VSCROLL |
> 0x00002000,
> 60, 62, 250, 100,
> hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_COMBO1,hInst,NULL);
>
> where I guess the 0x00002000 should give the combobox that special style
> (the control was originally created with ResEdit)

0x00002000 is just CBS_UPPERCASE - nothing profound.
--
With best wishes,
Igor Tandetnik

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
From: Larry on

"Igor Tandetnik" <itandetnik(a)mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Your URL didn't make it into the newsgroup for some reason. What's
> supposed to be special about the third combobox on > the right?

I am sorry:
http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791.simplecombo%28en-us,VS.85%29.png

From: Igor Tandetnik on
Larry <dontmewithme(a)got.it> wrote:
> "Igor Tandetnik" <itandetnik(a)mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> Your URL didn't make it into the newsgroup for some reason. What's
>> supposed to be special about the third combobox on > the right?
>
> I am sorry:
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791.simplecombo%28en-us,VS.85%29.png

Are you running on Vista or Win7? That bubbly look is new with Vista.

From: Drew on

"Larry" <dontmewithme(a)got.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third
> combobox on the right shown in the picture below:
>
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png
>
> The following is the code:
>
> HWND hvComboBox = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_COMBOBOX,NULL,
> WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_VSCROLL |
> 0x00002000,
> 60, 62, 250, 100,
> hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_COMBO1,hInst,NULL);

Not a very descriptive ID you have there (IDC_COMBO1) are you sure it's
unique, not used by any other of the combos in the dialog?

Drew