From: Ken on
I am using a combo box that has a control source of a text field of
size 50. I also am using a value list with "val1", "Val2", "val3"
values for example.

Anyhow in access 2007 when I click on the value of the combo box
nothing happens. In 2003 what I click on becomes the value of the
combo box, anotherwords I'm able to update the control source.

Any ideas?
From: Salad on
Ken wrote:

> I am using a combo box that has a control source of a text field of
> size 50. I also am using a value list with "val1", "Val2", "val3"
> values for example.
>
> Anyhow in access 2007 when I click on the value of the combo box
> nothing happens. In 2003 what I click on becomes the value of the
> combo box, anotherwords I'm able to update the control source.
>
> Any ideas?

On your 2007 development copy, what happens if you drop a new combo box
on it and follow the wizard for a value list, save, and run? If the new
combo works, delete the old combo, rename the new combo to the old name,
and make sure an events for the old are associated with the new.
From: Ken on
On Aug 10, 11:41 am, Salad <sa...(a)oilandvinegar.com> wrote:
> Ken wrote:
> > I am using a combo box that has a control source of a text field of
> > size 50. I also am using a value list with "val1", "Val2", "val3"
> > values for example.
>
> > Anyhow in access 2007 when I click on the value of the combo box
> > nothing happens. In 2003 what I click on becomes the value of the
> > combo box, anotherwords I'm able to update the control source.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> On your 2007 development copy, what happens if you drop a new combo box
> on it and follow the wizard for a value list, save, and run?  If the new
> combo works, delete the old combo, rename the new combo to the old name,
> and make sure an events for the old are associated with the new.

No that did not help. I still click on the list that comes up and I am
unable to select anything from the list...
From: christianlott1 on
On Aug 10, 12:02 pm, Ken <gev...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> No that did not help. I still click on the list that comes up and I am
> unable to select anything from the list...

Check the allow edits, additions, deletions properties. Check the
enabled and locked properties.

I checked it in a new db on a new form in 2007. Combo box works fine
here. I used the wizard.

(Now getting Word 2007 mail merge to work is another story :( )
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Is your database located in a trusted location, or have you enabled it so
that code will run?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele