From: Larry on
Hi,

I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third combobox
on the right shown in the picture below:

http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png

The following is the code:

HWND hvComboBox = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_COMBOBOX,NULL,
WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_VSCROLL |
0x00002000,
60, 62, 250, 100,
hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_COMBO1,hInst,NULL);

where I guess the 0x00002000 should give the combobox that special style
(the control was originally created with ResEdit)

Unfortunately, I am still getting a normal style like the combo in the
middle shown in the picture...what am I doing wrong?

thanks

From: nico on
Larry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third
> combobox on the right shown in the picture below:
>
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png

Bad link...
From: [Jongware] on
Larry wrote:
> I am creating a combo box via C++ code in order to abtain the third
> combobox on the right shown in the picture below:
>
> http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791...s,VS.85%29.png
>
> The following is the code:
>
> HWND hvComboBox = CreateWindowEx(0,WC_COMBOBOX,NULL,
> WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_VSCROLL |
> 0x00002000,
> 60, 62, 250, 100,
> hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_COMBO1,hInst,NULL);
>
> where I guess the 0x00002000 should give the combobox that special style
> (the control was originally created with ResEdit)
>
> Unfortunately, I am still getting a normal style like the combo in the
> middle shown in the picture...what am I doing wrong?

The link isn't working.

It's possible those comboboxes are superclassed (or sub-classed), and
use the extra bit to use an ownerdraw style.
Did you get that info using Spy++ or something like that?

[Jw]
From: Larry on

"[Jongware]" <sorry(a)no.spam.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> The link isn't working.

I am sorry:
http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/Bb775791.simplecombo%28en-us,VS.85%29.png

From: Timo Kunze on
0x2000 is CBS_UPPERCASE.
Is your app themed? Are you trying on Windows Vista or 7?

Timo
--
www.TimoSoft-Software.de - Unicode controls for VB6
"Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither."