From: janiotjoeawie via AccessMonster.com on
Hi,

I have the following problem.
I have a form with a subform on it.
On the subform I have a bounded combo box.
The combo box is pulling up the correct data.
But if I want to edit the data through the combo box it will not get into
edit mode (the little pencil).
The rowsource of the combobox is retrieved through the row source property.

Where am I going wrong?

Regards

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi,

On 19.04.2010 11:11, janiotjoeawie via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> I have the following problem.
> I have a form with a subform on it.
> On the subform I have a bounded combo box.
> The combo box is pulling up the correct data.
> But if I want to edit the data through the combo box it will not get into
> edit mode (the little pencil).
> The rowsource of the combobox is retrieved through the row source property.
>
> Where am I going wrong?
Check:

1) the reecord source of your subform, it must be updatable.
2) whether you main form or your subform have set the AllowEdit property
to false.
3) whether your subform control is not active or locked.
4) your ComboBox control for the same properties.

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:11:19 GMT, "janiotjoeawie via AccessMonster.com"
<u7669(a)uwe> wrote:

>But if I want to edit the data through the combo box it will not get into
>edit mode (the little pencil).

Do you mean that you're trying to edit the values *in the Combo Box control
itself*? If so, you can't; combos are not subforms, are not editable and
aren't the right tool. Please clarify...
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: janiotjoeawie via AccessMonster.com on
I just want to select a record with the combobox.
My problem seems to be different than I tought initialy.
It looks like it is not comming in the change() event.
I've also tried to trigger the click() event but also without any result.

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
If you mean you want to select a record in the combo box so that you can go
to that record, the combo box should be unbound. The combo box wizard can
help you set that up.