From: Karl E. Peterson on
Okay, so I had a custom command bar in normal.dot, which apparently got
migrated over to normal.dotm. Looks good. Doesn't work. :-(

When I press one of the buttons, I get a stupifying dialog that tells
me:

The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro
security settings.

BS. The macro can easily be found if I punch the Macros button on the
Developer tab. And, when selected, it runs just just fine.

Is there anyway to get it working again, from the toolbar button?

Thanks... Karl

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Hi Karl,

Are you seeing a Toolbar or do the buttons now appear in the Add-ins tab of
the ribbon. That is were buttons from toolbars in templates that are saved
in the Word Startup folder appear and all of those have worked for me. Try
putting a copy of the template (with a different name) in the Startup
folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
> Are you seeing a Toolbar or do the buttons now appear in the Add-ins tab of
> the ribbon.

Yeah, they're in the Add-ins tab, alright.

> That is were buttons from toolbars in templates that are saved
> in the Word Startup folder appear and all of those have worked for me. Try
> putting a copy of the template (with a different name) in the Startup folder.

Ahhhh, okay, I just created a new DOT in 2003, and stuck it in the 2007
startup folder. And yes, that works!

Now, how do I get that remnant toolbar out of NORMAL.DOTM?

Thanks!

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Hi Karl,

Right click on one of its buttons in the Add-ins tab and select Delete
Custom Toolbar.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
> Right click on one of its buttons in the Add-ins tab and select Delete Custom
> Toolbar.

Great! Got that.

One other oddity that arose when I moved the command bars into a DOT in
STARTUP. Now, whenever I close Word, I get this dialog:

You have modified styles, building blocks (such as cover pages or
headers), or other content that is stored in KarlsTools.dot. Do you
want to save changes to KarlsTools.dot?

Yes No Cancel

And of course, no matter how I answer that, the next time I close Word
I get the same prompt. Their is some code in the AutoExec that adds
button faces to the command bar:

Sub AutoExec()
CommandBars("Karl's Custom Tools").Controls(1).FaceId = 2083
CommandBars("Karl's Custom Tools").Controls(2).FaceId = 113
CommandBars("Karl's Custom Tools").Controls(3).FaceId = 114
End Sub

But that's it? Same code was also in the NORMAL.DOTM, but no prompt
there.

And, weirdly, I can no longer edit the code in the VBE. It tells me
the project is locked?